turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Quick question

Started by KYHeadhunter02, April 23, 2015, 09:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Seems like our season here in KY is going to run a lot later that normal. Does it get easier or more difficult once all the hens are bred? Or does it really matter? My buddy called in 5 mature gobblers with only two hens last week. One had 1 1/4 spurs that was killed.

timberjack86

That's the way I like to hunt. Here in TN, The last week of season is always best to me. Most hens are sitting on there eggs and the gobblers who had hens before are lonely.

turkey_slayer

Give me May over April any time

dutch@fx4

I am in Ontario Canada and was out scouting this morning ,we had a heavy frost this morning minus 3 here ,,burrrr ,anyway the birds started to sound off at 520am and kept going till thy flew down ,once thy hit the ground not a peep three toms were strutting around 13 hens but the biggest tom lead the whole group away in single file to a patch of grass .no sign of breeding here yet ,and are season starts Monday  things are looking real good ,,got two junior hunters ready to go Monday both first time turkey hunters  ,I kind of like this late start and cool weather for the opener ,Dutch

TauntoHawk

when the birds are breeding their isnt much need to gobble when off the roost, they are doing what they want to be doing. Its loudest (gobbling) before and after the main breeding phase.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>