OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitro custom load?

Started by RiverRoost, April 20, 2015, 09:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Anyone ever had any dealings with sending a gun to Nitro to let them pattern loads or work one up for you?

ky.trophy

Good luck getting a hold of them. I tried for two days all day long and they never answered phone and message box was full.

jordanz7935

Save yourself some $ and do it yourself. Rhino and Nitro are both WAY overpriced for what they are. Ive never dealt with Nitro but i have heard several accounts of bad customer service and have heard that there loads create too much pressure.If your set on someone setting your gun up for you, id go with Rob Roberts or Sumtoy Customs.Both have great C.S.,they know what it takes to make the ultimate turkey gun,and both make awesome turkey chokes.

blueridgegobbler

Don't waste your money on nitro for what you pay for that junk buy yourself a roll crimper and reloading materials and do it yourself. Used to shoot nitro but after the poor performance from last years garbage I wont ever shoot it again . They had changed the hull and wad didn't know it till they arrived here they were terrible.

dzsmith

ive never dealt with sumtoy , but i plan on it here in the next few weeks. Rob roberts is the Benelli man so if your shooting a benelli you may consider rob. Me personally i shoot an 870, ive heard nothing but good things from sumtoy, so i plan on sending it to him.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

RiverRoost

Shooting a sx3. It will probably end up at rob Roberts at some point soon

kdsberman

I've had awesome luck with my Nitros, but mine were bought about 5 years ago before they "changed" anything.  Are they really "junk" now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dzsmith

I love mine, but because of recent legal bans, I hear they are having trouble getting the powders and stuff they need. they are very hard to get here in ms. and their customer service is nearly impossible to get ahold of by phone so its not like you can get an answer
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

turkey_slayer

They can't get powders just like the rest of us. Their customer service sucks. Shells are way overpriced. Roll your own. Better results, shell never changes, pressures want be over saami max, never run out as long as you keep shot on hand. 

USMC0331

If you need to contact them, call them when season is out or not coming in. Lot of people complaining about poor customer service. You cant call him with opening day 2 days away wanting shells when hundreds of others are wanting shells as well. I call several months before or after season and have not had any problems talking to them. If you can reload you will save some money. If you don't and you use the shell and choke they suggest you will not have any problems. I have killed many birds and coyotes without any failure from his ammo. They did have a problem with powder they received a couple years ago and I was told if I had shells at lot number (x) to send them back which I did and they replaced them no questions ask. I did shoot a couple before I received this notice but it had no negative effect on shotgun. I think it is excellent ammo!

turkey_slayer

^^^ even if you call 2 days before someone should answer the phone. I could see not being able to get shells then but to never be able to get a hold of them? That's just bad customer service. They are also pretty well known to be over pressured

taylorjones20

It's been mentioned on here multiple times but the shells don't seem to be the same as they used to be... I quit using them after last years hassles...   
Alive only by the Grace Of God

01Foreman400

Roll your own TSS and the load will never change and when you want more just make sum.  Plus you'll never get patterns with Nitro's that you can get with TSS. 
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

kdsberman

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on May 03, 2015, 04:58:48 PM
Roll your own TSS and the load will never change and when you want more just make sum.  Plus you'll never get patterns with Nitro's that you can get with TSS.

What's a ballpark figure for how much it would cost me to get all the equipment to reload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phire Phite

:camohat:
Quote from: kdsberman on May 03, 2015, 05:05:41 PM

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on May 03, 2015, 04:58:48 PM

What's a ballpark figure for how much it would cost me to get all the equipment to reload?

:z-flirtysmile3:

Sent from a dummy with a dum fone.