only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged out in NC Mountains

Started by WNCTracker, April 18, 2015, 09:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Well done... Looks neked though.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WNCTracker

Exclusive to only western nc, the WNC fryer turkeys drop their feathers at the sight of hot lead :-)

alloutdoors

dswmsn

What part of western NC do you hunt? Congrats on your bird.

Snoodsniper

Congrats! Looks like it's about ready for the deep fryer.

bbcoach

Congrats John on a quick but gratifying season.  I killed my first bird on Thursday.  A 20.2 lb, 10 3/4" beard, 1 1/8" spurred tater head Eastern NC bird.  Heading back out this week to see if I can put #2 on the ground.   

trkycaller

cuppednlocked

Getting it done in short order!  Congrats on tagging out!

WNCTracker

Quote from: dswmsn on April 19, 2015, 12:39:27 AM
What part of western NC do you hunt? Congrats on your bird.
Madison county

WNCTracker

Quote from: bbcoach on April 19, 2015, 06:10:19 AM
Congrats John on a quick but gratifying season.  I killed my first bird on Thursday.  A 20.2 lb, 10 3/4" beard, 1 1/8" spurred tater head Eastern NC bird.  Heading back out this week to see if I can put #2 on the ground.
Nice!  My first one this yr was about the same at 22.4 lb 10.75 beard and 1.2" spurred tough old bird.  Immediately after filling the second tag I was a littles bummed to be done so soon. Damned if you do.... But overall happy to have 2 nc and 2 sc birds in the freezer :-)

bbcoach

Quote from: johnplesh on April 19, 2015, 01:19:35 PM

Quote from: bbcoach on April 19, 2015, 06:10:19 AM
Nice!  My first one this yr was about the same at 22.4 lb 10.75 beard and 1.2" spurred tough old bird.  Immediately after filling the second tag I was a littles bummed to be done so soon. Damned if you do.... But overall happy to have 2 nc and 2 dc birds in the freezer :-)
I did the same thing 2 years ago.  Went out on opening Saturday morning and busted one about 30 minutes after fly down.  Went back Thursday morning, got onto a bird but he wouldn't finish.  On Saturday morning, I called in another bird at 9:30 and my season was over.  Three hunts in 8 days and two birds and my season was over, NOW WHAT?  Got with my buddies that I hunt with and called for them.  Extended the season and enjoyed every minute even though I didn't carry a gun.   

owlhoot

good night , what load did you use on him? :TooFunny:
You might open up that choke some  :toothy12:

mgm1955

:TooFunny:
Quote from: johnplesh on April 18, 2015, 10:21:23 AM
Exclusive to only western nc, the WNC fryer turkeys drop their feathers at the sight of hot lead :-)
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

tomstopper