turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Share Your BEST Turkey Breast Recipes

Started by bbcoach, April 17, 2015, 06:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I have several turkey breasts that I need to cook.  I've done deep fried breasts and baked them but past that haven't experimented much.  Share your BEST recipes with us.

Swampchickin234

I thought that deep frying turkey breast was the only legal way to cook it?    Maybe I'm wrong lol.   Marinade in Italian dressing, dip in egg, role in flour, fry till golden brown and enjoy.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutch@fx4

yup turkey nuggets deep fried with rocky madsons fish crisp ,,the only legal way in my house   ,,Dutch

captpete

Don't know if this willl help but, sometimes I take mine to the locker. They brine and smoke it like do a ham, then slice it into sandwich meat. Makes great sandwiches. You can also cut it up & mix it in a salad or just nibble on it with some cheese & crackers while drinking a cold beer. :happy0064: :happy0064:

zelmo1

:drool: Wrap it in bacon and cook it in my rotisserie. Take it out and slice it for a wrap or sandwich. Grill the bread and some Monterey Jack cheese with ranch dressing and your veggies of choice(I use fresh black olives and cucumbers and baby spinach). This will put a smile on your face. No wrong answers here. Al Baker

Gooserbat

Cut it into thin strips that are cross the natural grain of the meat.  These should be about as thick as fajita meat.  Get some thick sliced bacon and cut it in half so the strips are half length.  Lay the bacon flat and a piece of turkey on top.  Add 1/4-1/3 tsp of cream cheese on one end in and I like the optional slice of fresh jalapeño. If not using jalapeños I use black pepper. Roll from the cream cheese end and spear with a toothpick.  Broil in the oven at 350 for 22-25 min. 

Keep the toothpicks until done to pick your teeth, don't worry you'll have lots of toothpicks.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Thundermtn

Either make buffalo strip style poor boy sandwiches, or 1.5" cubes and grill up some shishkabobs with you favorite BBQ sauce.

budtripp

Cut the breasts into strips. Soak in Italian dressing for a day or two.  Then wrap a strip of bacon around each one and grill.

stinkpickle

I could eat turkey and noodles every dang day.   Mmmmm....

jblackburn

THIS!  It's not my idea, but I love it!

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,860.0.html

I have changed it a bit, I replaced the Garlic salt with garlic powder, I think its a bit salty with the GS.  Also, next time I may cut the Thyme a bit.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

gdublongwilly

I cut my turkey breast into thin strips then marinate it in my venison jerky recipe.  I then put it in the smoker for several hours  and VOILA!!  It transforms into Super fine smoked turkey jerky!   :drool:

wisconsinteacher

Cut into medallions that are 3/8" thick and then pound out with a meat hammer to 1/8".  From there cover in a seasoned flour (flour, pepper, season salt, garlic powder).  Heat electric skillet to 350 with oil and fry until crisp.  I dip in buffalo sauce but my wife dips hers in honey or mustard. 

FullChoke

Try this and you may never want to eat a wild turkey breast any other way. Easy, fast and delicious.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,21601.0.html

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

taylorjones20

I've made it quite a few different ways and I tried some that I seen on Midwest Whitetail awhile back - It was awesome!

One was the Honey Bourbon Glaze = Delicious
Second was the Southwestern Egg Rolls = Wow - They were a hit at a birthday party last night!

I have the recipes if anyone is interested...
Alive only by the Grace Of God