OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Second attempt at using optics

Started by foxred1962, April 14, 2015, 08:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxred1962

I ordered a Simmons Pro diamond  1-5x32. I have had patterns that are so tight I feel optics are the only fair way to go. I used to use a Bushnell trophy dot but got tired of leaving it on and having dead batteries so I quit using it. Does anyone have input on the pro diamond?

MACHINIST

I have one sitting on the shelf.I bought a Mueller red dot this year and I'm still not sure about it.I hate the thought of leaving the battery tuned on and knowing your dead in the water with a bird coming in.I will carry a new batter with me but still its a thought in the back of my mind.Cant here what people say about the pro diamond.Is your illuminated?

foxred1962

I don't think it is illuminated... Got it on Walmart.com for $67 with free shipping figured it couldn't hurt to try...

Greg Massey

I just put a Simon's pro D. On my 20 gauge build its a great clear scope for the money. I also got the B square mount with ring and I can still see my iron bead also with this mount. 1 - 5 - 32

jordanz7935

They are solid scopes ive had 1 for years on a .22mag.No joke i watched my buddy shoot a woodchuck the other day @ over 200 yds with it Ive heard nothing but good about them from others as well. Are the optics as clear as a Nikon or Leupold?Absolutely not but overall i think its a darn good scope for the money.

Twowithone

Ive had my Pro Diamond on my Winnie 1300 for a good 20+ yrs now still going strong. I put some drab colors on it to camo it up a bit looks good turkeys don't see it well the ones that came home with me anyhow didn't see it but mines a good scope. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

foxred1962

I just got mine in the mail today. I am excited about the variable power this will allow for quick acquisition in a pinch. I never liked using a scope because of being in trouble if a quiet gobbler came in. I always like the point and shoot method but with today's chokes and loads that day is in the past.

foxred1962

Well my pro diamond is zeroed and ready to roll. I am very happy with it being adjustable. I have it set at2x which is perfect for quick acquisition. The best part is no batteries to worry about!!! The longboards a used to zero it in with had a 7" pattern at 30yds...