turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help on 870 options. Input?

Started by jonhaga, April 12, 2015, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonhaga

Ok guys I've always been partial to a bead on a shotgun but my latest 870 SM shoots Low / Left  fairly sufficient also. I have put Williams fire sights on it but I'm just not in love with them. Anyone that's gone thru this and found something they like please let me know, I've been looking at the Burris fast fire but opening to looking at anything

grayfox

I always liked a single bead until my older eyes couldn't see it clearly on my short barrel turkey gun.  I do OK on a 24" or longer but I love to hunt with the 21" barrel.  I'd put a red dot on it.

jonhaga

Gray fox thanks for the input buddy

bigjames50

I decided to switch to a red dot sight this year. I tried the redfield accelerator, but ended up taking it back an getting a ff3. I have not hunted with it yet, but sighting in was a breeze.

jonhaga

I've been looking at the fast fire 3 mostly. Correct me if I'm wrong but it can be mounted on a rail or on the speed bead system correct?

bigjames50

yes either way, I have mine mounted on a rail.

gatrkyhntr70

bushnell trs-25, great red dot;I have 3 of them. Cant beat them for the $. Look up the reviews on it. It could be mounted on a saddle mount if your not drilled and tapped.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Greg Massey

Bushnell TRS 25 great little red dot for the money. You can pick one up for around 80 to 100 dollars off amazon

jonhaga

I'll check these out thanks guys

strutnva

Mr. jonhaga,

What you need is a drink to calm your nerves before taking to the field each morning.  Helps you see more clearly.  Haha, listen to these guys and they will hook you up.

Snoodsniper

Ff3 or trs25 either one will make you a great sight.

WildSpur

Buy once, cry once--get the FF3.  I wish I did.  Its been years but my first was a Truglo that needed sent back.  2nd is a FF2 which gives me no problems.

Cluck more, yelp less

orange crush

eotech have one on my 835 that will never leave the gun love it

Jbird22

SpeedBead with FFII has served me well the past 4 yrs or so! Highly recommend!!