OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Flite Control Choke Tube

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, April 12, 2015, 07:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I was just wondering what would be the best choke tube for federal flight control ammo.

Greg Massey

I use non- ported choke tubes. UNDERTAKER OR TRUCHOKE

Thundermtn

SinGin

Yep, me also. Nonported Undertaker.

Oconeeguy

I tried the un-ported Undertaker in invector+ with bad results! both Fed HW #6 and lead #5 with Flight contr. wad. Can't remember exactly, but something like 50 -70 in San 10" circle at 40 yds.

Strick9

I was running a RR .660 and getting 140s in the 10, switched to a Trulock and now in the 190s out of a 24"  SBEII
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Gobble!

reynolds243

Pure gold makes a good one for it as well.

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

dejake

Gamblinman

TruLock. George makes a choke specifically for the Federal Heavyweight loads with the flite control wads. It is devastating on turkey skulls.

http://www.trulockchokes.com/turkey-hunting-c-3.php?osCsid=a8e83749f1218b460b5b9d9cae5dc218

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: Gamblinman on April 13, 2015, 08:11:15 AM
TruLock. George makes a choke specifically for the Federal Heavyweight loads with the flite control wads. It is devastating on turkey skulls.

http://www.trulockchokes.com/turkey-hunting-c-3.php?osCsid=a8e83749f1218b460b5b9d9cae5dc218

Gman
X2! Get the trulock and be done with it; Ive done it with several guns.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: Gamblinman on April 13, 2015, 08:11:15 AM

Gman
Thanks for the info

strum

My Mossberg 500 came with a xx turkey choke not even sure what it is and that's what im shooting..
I wish I had taken a pic of my load test before the season. after everyone played around with their chokes I took my turn .
first shot at 10 yards to sight in then a 30 yard that was just filled with shot in dead zone. I didn't count em but it was more than anyone else's.  ive taken 3 shots so far this season with 3 birds in the freezer.. the farthest was 40 yards but seeing his head I know I could go 50 if I had too.. not to sure I would but its nice to know it will.
Oh.. 12gauge 3"magshot #6

surehuntsalot

the factory full that comes with the gun is the best place to start
it's not the harvest,it's the chase