OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Youth day success in MD....

Started by JLH, April 11, 2015, 08:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLH

What a great first morning...
we were set up plenty early ready to listen and plan the attack...they sounded off right on time and we set on the edge of a small field. Decoys in place and us in a little blowdown.

Heard several gobbling straight away when a big old boy slipped in to the side of us....made a 100 yd dash to the dsd jake an jumped on an pecked him in the head for a few secs...he jumped off  and boogered out before she could get on him good.

About 10 mins later a group of Jakes were sounding off and a bunch of hens were squalking at them.
I let the hens have it and they weren't happy with the new girl in town ... so here they come..

They stayed on the edge of the field and cut and yelped like mad.....i yelled back at them and the young boys were getting all fired up....once they see the DSD With the Deception boss hen, they rushed in...

Anyways....she let this guy have it at 22 yds with the xbow, and he flopped about 5 yds.

great day, with a great daughter.

After the shot....

Birdwatcher

Love seeing the young ones in the field....congrats to both of you on your success!

zelmo1

:z-winnersmiley: Great day for you both, Congrats

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats to you both. That smile is what its all about.....

alloutdoors

Awesome! Congrats to you both!  :icon_thumright:

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Rio Fan

Very cool.  Congrats to both of you!   :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

Congrats to the young lady ,sounds like a heart pumper.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

daveco

Congratulations, and great photo composition!

mgm1955

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

owlhoot

vman

Great day for both of you! Congrats!

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

JLH

Thanks guys...still feels good a day later!