turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Both #5's and #6's?

Started by Model 1300, April 09, 2015, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Model 1300

When I bought my LongBeard XR's the store only had 5's but I wanted 6's. No I see they have 6's but I already patterned with 5's. So would I be able to get a box of 6's? I'm thinking the already great pattern can only improve with more shot or do I have the wrong idea? Please help I'm still new to this addiction we call turkey hunting.
"Stop flinching it's just a 3 1/2 inch Magnum" said the old man.

Turkey and I have a love hate relationship.

ThunderChickenGetter

The 6's will put more pellets on paper simply because there is more pellets in the load. You'll lose a little energy with the 6's vs the 5's but if you keep it 40yds and under any of them will knock a turkey off its feet.

zelmo1

:OGturkeyhead: If your pattern is good, stick with the known pattern with bigger shot :z-twocents:

Spitten and drummen

there are varables in loads , chokes and guns as you know. that particular combination may prefer 5s and 6s may not pattern worth a flip. the only way to know is get a box and shoot them at a pattern board. they may end up performing better. the constriction of the choke may be too open or too constricted. try them and see. don't just buy them and assume because its more pellets in the 6 that its going to be better. definitely try them before hunting with them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gooserbat

At this point on the calander if its working leave it alone until after season.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

gobblerman87

If your patterning well with a bigger  stick to it more energy = more hitting/stopping power

WyoHunter

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 10, 2015, 05:49:51 PM
At this point on the calander if its working leave it alone until after season.
This would be my advice. Go with what you know.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!