turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Playing with House Money now :) .. video linked

Started by wvboy, April 09, 2015, 02:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvboy

I feel like the rest of the season I will be playing with House money after the youth day hunt in VA.. it was quite simply awesome.. The video pretty much tells the story..

I put the blind in the right spot and never even had to make the first call .. I did call once they were in the Dekes.. just to feel like I had done something :) .. and called to keep the other two interested after the shot and as you will see they stuck around a bit.. the only thing better would have been a double by my youngest son, but it was just not meant to be.. I need to work with him more on shooting and feeling comfortable about the shot.. that is my fault.. I could also stand a dose of patience myself after listening to myself :) always learning no matter how many years we have been doing this..  This is my Oldest son Luke's First Longbeard.. he killed a Jake when he was 7, and missed a LB a couple years ago.. he didn't miss this one :)

I hope you enjoy the video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCst5dChltk

21 LBs, 9.5 inch beard, and 7/8 Spurs..
Pics..

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

alloutdoors

Congrats, looks like everyone had a good time!

mgm1955

zelmo1

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

g8rvet

Very cool.  You handled that well. I had a similar thing happen, not youth and had the safety off and bead on the head, but he turned and headed where my son had a shot. He never squeezed the trigger. I kept positive and he is my favorite turkey hunting partner and has scored plenty now.  Ya done good Dad. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

trackerbucky

I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats to you and your boys......

perrytrails

Big perm2

Great job!! I remember my first one with my dad and little brother there, memories he will never forget!!  Looks like he may have shot decoy too!! Lol!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Gunslinger1

I thought you were AMAZINGLY patient and did a great job... :you_rock:

MACHINIST