OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blackpowder tss birds and the girls

Started by Bigspurs68, April 09, 2015, 10:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigspurs68

Easton and Mekayla both had a great Easter Sunday in Kentucky. Little Easton was up to bat first and after a great hunt on a bird we roosted the evening before, she busted him at 31 yds. He was 21.6 lbs, 9.5 " beard and 1 " spurs.
  Next up was big sis Mekayla. At 1:30 we got on a pair of birds with 9 hens. After a little Appalachian sneaking and some soft calls, both longbeards rolled by at 27 yds. Mekayla floored the strutter and completed a perfect day. He was a hoss  of a bird. 23..5lbs, 9.5 " beard and 1 3/8" spurs.
  The tss load increased the effectiveness of that smoke pole by leaps and bounds and to say the least, I'm proud of my girls. 
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

outdoors

A W E S O M E  DAY THAT WAS.   :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Rapscallion Vermilion

Awesome!   Those birds look like 40 pounders next to your girls.

alloutdoors

That's awesome,  congrats to you and your girls!

101st501

mgm1955

Fantastic!! Congrats to you and your girls!!

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: :z-winnersmiley: It will be hard to top that day, Congrats to you all

beagler

Never Misses

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

greentag

awesome job girls,thats some good birds...

Bigspurs68

The girls told me to tell everyone "thanks"!!
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

strutnva

captin_hook

spaightlabs

Fantastic!  Love that the little ones are rolling with the smoke pole!  That is bad to the bone!

owlhoot

WAY TO GO , and with a smokepole , awesome job young ladies! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: