turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What type rings?

Started by bponb, April 08, 2015, 04:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bponb

Buying a Simmons pro diamond scope for my Remington 870 express super magnum. What type of rings are you using and do they mount directly on the barrel? In other words, how do I mount them on the shotgun?

Crappiepro

You need a scope saddle like a B-square brand if the its not drilled and tapped.
As far as scope rings, I have always used Millet Brand rings.
The tactical low profile's are the one one's I use.
The scope saddle goes over your reciever and replaces the pins that hold your trigger assembly in the gun. Use the scope saddle screws to push your original pins out when you put the scope saddle on.
Good Luck! Hope this helps some.

Crappiepro

I just seen your post count also!

:welcomeOG:

bponb

Thank you sir, that is exactly what I am looking for. Ordered a scope saddle from Midway and should be here next week.

CrustyRusty

I like warne detachable rings.  They are a bit pricey but are very well made and I like the ability to remove them if I want to easily put the scope on another gun.  And welcome aboard.

lowoctane

Is the receiver set up for a scope base? If it is, I would opt to use a base and rings in lieu of a saddle mount. If you ever decide to take it off the receiver it will leave it's mark(s).
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Greg Massey

I use a B square to mount mine and it came with nice rings also with the type I got you can still see the iron bead under the saddle works great and will cost you around 44 dollars plus shipping.