OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Killer...

Started by lowoctane, April 07, 2015, 12:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

:OGani:
Millet compact red dot. Drilled and tapped myself. Many roosters have taken the dirt nap with this one.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

CrustyRusty

Ive had a millet sight on my turkey gun before.  It was a nice sight and perfectly reliable and I liked the choices it had for reticles.  I sold it with a gun years ago and wish I had kept the sight.

lowoctane

Well, I chose it primarily for size and weight because of where it was being mounted. Not sure of the dot size-probably a 2 moa. It's held up extremely well and is fairly frugal with the 2032 battery. The sight and mount has survived the HEVI-13's and 3.5's! Now I shoot the 3" loads because of better patterns and less recoil.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

cluck

Low octane: how is it mounted to the ventalated rib? Many thanks ,  cluck

lowoctane

Cluck-I went thru my mounts and found two that were slotted almost perfectly to the width of the rib. I managed to drill and tap them to take advantage of the rib supports. The gun has been in this configuration for about 9 yrs now and has seen some brutal loads and so far, so good! I really like the scout style set up for both eyes open sighting. Massaged the trigger down to 3 lbs too. This old girl rocks! Thanks for yer interest and get 'cha some this Spring!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life