OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which gun?

Started by RiverRoost, April 06, 2015, 08:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otis

ohiomossyoak

"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

GhostGobbler

835 (that's what I'm getting anyway)  :z-guntootsmiley:

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 06, 2015, 08:49:41 PM
Both are good guns. I would go with the 870 myself. If I went with a Mossberg I would go with the 835 and run 3" stuff through it. That big bore on the Mossy is hard to out pattern.

There's only one reason I shoot the 3-1/2" shells. It's because they don't come in 4s  :funnyturkey:

Quote from: Chew on April 06, 2015, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: drum817 on April 06, 2015, 09:29:23 PM
Mossy 835 and never look back.  Put a sims lim saver on it and shoot 3.5" shells.

+1 for the 835.

+2 My vote is for the 835 because that's what I have. You won't be disappointed in the patterns they produce.
However... That 870 is no slouch. Pick me up shoulder them both. You will choose the right one for you. OG is a great informative site. There tons of info on patters and guns here. Check out the patterns,chokes,shells,and gun combos. Good luck in your choice :turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Phire Phite

I'm inclined to say 835 because that's what I have. It patterns something fierce even with lead 4's.
But there's no denying an 870, and with the sure shot stock...mmmm.  I know someone on here has
one here just the way I'd do it.  23" supermag, shureshot stock and that sexy green camo.

kcrebel

Friends don't let Friends shoot Mossbergs.   :begging:

10gaugemag

WildTigerTrout

I have owned both the Mossberg 835 and the Remington 870SM. My vote goes to the Remington 870SM.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

RiverRoost

Well he went with an 835 that already came with a ported barrel. He picked up a box of 3.5" Longbeard 5's and the guy at bass pro sold him a Carlsons longbeard choke. Not sure which diameter but I told him he's got a good start and may want to check out the IC as well.