OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: A400 with JEBS 655 and Winchester LB #6  (Read 13065 times)

Offline rickyb

Re: A400 with JEBS 655 and Winchester LB #6
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 12:10:54 PM »
We got one yesterday with that exact combo. My son Dalton is 14 and we got to enjoy Arkansas youth season over the weekend.

Offline Longshanks

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »
Thanks BennieGobler on the shims. I have done that with a Xtrema 2 I owned. Taylorjones20 have him get with bobby at JEBS chokes. They will bend a barrel if I would have known that I would have never got rid of Xtrema 2. Lord knows I took a loss on that gun and really liked how it shoulder. If my a400 don't straighten up with shims or chokes I will send mine there.

Been hunting with the Xtrema 1 and 2 for allot of years. The POA/ POI is absolutely dead on with all of the factory chokes in the gun. We tested both guns extensively. When I would choke the gun with .660-.670 turkey chokes it would shoot low left. Tested 5-6 turkey chokes including Kicks, Pure Gold, Rhino (Quality Chokes). Both xtrema's required adjustable sights (tru-glo) and it wasn't a major deal to sight in. The guns will turn 300+ with Hevi 7's and 333 is the best pattern to date. I almost got rid of the first gun until a gunsmith told me to test all the factory chokes first and see if it was a barrel problem. Turkey killing machines.
     Same thing with both my 870 21" and winchester LB's. They both shoot high left with the 3" shells. Tru glo sights on one and Bushnell Trophy on the other. Easy sight in.
    Of all the turkey guns I have had over the last 25 years only two have held POA/POI after putting turkey chokes and high powered turkey loads through them. Beretta Urika/ Pure Gold .670 and Remington 870sm/ Ventilator .655. These guns have 26-28" bbl's.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:43:53 PM by Longshanks »

Offline Xtrema30

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »
This is a Beretta A400. Forcercon1 I have a 660 coming from Jebs and just ordered a IC 670. If those don't pattern to the right you are on to something. I bought an xtrema  2 and really got frustrated with it shooting low and left. Put sights on it but never got over it being that bad and that expensive. Sold it to a duck hunter cheap. It did shoot federal steel better but still low and left. Rick

I feel like we had the same experience on the xtrema 2

Offline Onpoint

• Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 09:13:35 PM »
Thanks BennieGobler on the shims. I have done that with a Xtrema 2 I owned. Taylorjones20 have him get with bobby at JEBS chokes. They will bend a barrel if I would have known that I would have never got rid of Xtrema 2. Lord knows I took a loss on that gun and really liked how it shoulder. If my a400 don't straighten up with shims or chokes I will send mine there.

Been hunting with the Xtrema 1 and 2 for allot of years. The POA/ POI is absolutely dead on with all of the factory chokes in the gun. We tested both guns extensively. When I would choke the gun with .660-.670 turkey chokes it would shoot low left. Tested 5-6 turkey chokes including Kicks, Pure Gold, Rhino (Quality Chokes). Both xtrema's required adjustable sights (tru-glo) and it wasn't a major deal to sight in. The guns will turn 300+ with Hevi 7's and 333 is the best pattern to date. I almost got rid of the first gun until a gunsmith told me to test all the factory chokes first and see if it was a barrel problem. Turkey killing machines.
     Same thing with both my 870 21" and winchester LB's. They both shoot high left with the 3" shells. Tru glo sights on one and Bushnell Trophy on the other. Easy sight in.
    Of all the turkey guns I have had over the last 25 years only two have held POA/POI after putting turkey chokes and high powered turkey loads through them. Beretta Urika/ Pure Gold .670 and Remington 870sm/ Ventilator .655. These guns have 26-28" bbl's.
I have a urika al 391 and a jebs that shoots poa. I had a 24" 870 I should have never sold. It shot poa with a hevi shot choke.  Also have a baikal mp18 thst shoots dead on with the bead and a sum toy choke

Offline BandedSpur

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 09:16:11 AM »
Those are some dynamite patterns.

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 04:32:33 PM »
Congrats on the bird! Looks like a good one
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott