OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Not feeling right

Started by 101st501, April 04, 2015, 08:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

101st501

After hunting for almost 10 days straight and seeing birds, I have not been able to seal the deal with one.  I was thinking about selling my turkey gun and burning my camo.  Will someone please give me a digital slap to bring me back to my senses for almost making a terrible mistake?

AndyH

What is the gun and how much are you asking? Joking, if turkey hunting was easy all the time it wouldn't be as much fun. Keep at it, things can change quickly.

zelmo1

:gobble: :gobble: You need to hunt more. That is the only cure. Good luck bud

Tail Feathers

:wave:  SMACK!
Now get back after them soldier!!!!! 

;D

Seriously, is it time to sleep in a bit and go out a bit later tomorrow?  Let them get rid of some hens and hit it about 10am tomorrow.  Give it some thought.  And good luck! :anim_25:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: 101st501 on April 04, 2015, 08:41:34 PM
After hunting for almost 10 days straight and seeing birds, I have not been able to seal the deal with one.  I was thinking about selling my turkey gun and burning my camo.  Will someone please give me a digital slap to bring me back to my senses for almost making a terrible mistake?

Sounds like your are focusing too much on killing a bird in a hurry.  Like Tail Feathers said, get some good sleep and just enjoy being out there. 

jblackburn

I threaten to sell my guns, camo, and calls every year.  You just have to tell yourself each day that it could happen.  I had a horrible opening weekend and some other bad days, then I caught the bird I was after in the right mood and he came in on a string.  Have to stick with it.  The only thing for sure is that you can't kill one if you stay in bed.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ol bob

captin_hook

Quote from: ol bob on April 04, 2015, 09:33:47 PM
The mistake was starting
blahhhhaaaaaha.  Ain't that the truth. I liked that. :TooFunny:

hookedspur

Slow down tomorrow, cut your calling in half, take a bunch of pictures with your camera ,,,,,,,
then get out of bed and go hunting !!!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mgm1955

That's why it's hunting and not killing. Keep after it and good luck!!

BOB_HARWELL

Take 2 aspirin,,,,,,,,call him in the morning.

Bob

Cut N Run

Relax.  Remember that Spring turkey season doesn't last long and you'll be wishing it was closer during the off-season.  Get as much out of it as you can.  Early season frustrations can break a lot of hunters because turkeys aren't acting the way we want them to.  It is turkey hunting and not just turkey shooting. Stick with it, be patient, and remember that things can change like flipping a switch. 

Sometimes having to eat a tag makes you meaner & more serious for next year.

I fail to understand the concept of the desire to willfully giving up turkey hunting.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Turkey Havoc

Right there with you, I am going on 2 seasons without a bird but just keep going cause it's gotta happen sooner or later. Also we are probably hunting the same place I am here at Campbell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stephen H Spraberry

101st501

I used to be at Campbell.  Been gone from there about 11 years now.  There are a lot of turkeys up there.  Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.