OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Striker Outlaw Hen

Started by model94, April 04, 2015, 12:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model94

What strikers do you use for the Outlaw Hen?
Thanks for your help.
Don

Cutt

The purpleheart that came with it.

jmart241

MG150

I like a Black Locust on mine.

Cutt

Quote from: Cutt on April 04, 2015, 03:34:12 PM
The purpleheart that came with it.

I can take another Purpleheart from a different maker, and don't nearly sound as good? His calls are tuned with his strikers, not that others will not work, but hard to beat. I have a lpe that sounds good on them too.

palongbeard

Fowler Dymondwood works best for me.   Striker that came with it works well but the Dymondwood runs so easy for me on almost all my calls except copper

packmule

sbbow

Tulipwood for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

lonnie sneed jr.

I like the PH that Dad puts with the call, but I use a striker he made me about 30 years ago. It is hard rock maple in a corn cob. Most hard wood will sound good on them.  :OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

palongbeard

I just can't get enough of how good that green glass sounds - when I run that call with any hard wood striker, especially the dymondwood, the first thing someone me says is "what call is that it sounds awesome"

model94

Thanks all replies.  I purchased a Lights out Dymond wood striker.

Cutt

Also, some carbon strikers sound really good on it, just something to keep in mind for running it wet.

model94

I just received the lights out dymond wood striker for the Outlaw Hen. I like Mr.Sneeds striker better although the new striker sounds good too.

Cutt

Quote from: model94 on April 11, 2015, 12:05:08 AM
I just received the lights out dymond wood striker for the Outlaw Hen. I like Mr.Sneeds striker better although the new striker sounds good too.

Like I said, his strikers are hard to beat for his calls.