turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hope the turkeys are talking

Started by ThunderChickenGetter, April 03, 2015, 08:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenGetter

Got a bad little storm rolling through Tennessee tonight, supposed to be up to 1" hail and 50-60mph winds. Hope the birds don't get knocked out by the hail and blew out of the trees by the wind tonight! It's super be clear in the morning though so we'll see what happens. Good luck in the morning to everyone and be safe!

MouthCaller

Idk about the high wind and hail part but I remember a hunt I had in Kentucky a few years ago after a big storm the night before and the ol boy that rode home with me gobbled his head off on the roost.

Dr Juice

Bowguy

I love storms the night before a hunt. If it thunders it's on. Seems every bird in the woods is talking n ready to come right in. Good luck

zelmo1

:turkey2: Good luck to our Tennessee brothers

MouthCaller

I wouldn't say they were hot this morning but I did get on one on the roost. Called him in to about 20 yards but he came to the wrong side. He left got around him called him to me but he hung up at 40 yards behind a tree. Strange thing is I fully expected them to be henned up.

ThunderChickenGetter

Quote from: MouthCaller on April 04, 2015, 10:23:40 AM
I wouldn't say they were hot this morning but I did get on one on the roost. Called him in to about 20 yards but he came to the wrong side. He left got around him called him to me but he hung up at 40 yards behind a tree. Strange thing is I fully expected them to be henned up.
I heard one bird about a mile off. They weren't fired up at my place this morning.  Sounds like you're in the birds, just a matter of time.

owlhoot

Quote from: Bowguy on April 04, 2015, 03:18:27 AM
I love storms the night before a hunt. If it thunders it's on. Seems every bird in the woods is talking n ready to come right in. Good luck
x2  especially on public ground and the others say pee on it and don't go. If the storm goes into 9 or so be ready at 10 with the shootingun at the ready. :)