turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington 870 28 inch barrel cut down?

Started by rcpigg65, April 03, 2015, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcpigg65

My youngest recently traded for one and I wanted to shorten up the length , question is buy new barrel or have it cut down ? if cut down what length ? We want it for dedicated turkey gun and already have a few chokes  sumtoy and trulock federal 7 to try in it , can a 28 be cut down and rethreaded to say 22"? What about new barrel , how much and where could i get one ? already checked Brownells and they are out of stock and would cost almost as much as the gun cost .

Greg Massey

I know you already have this gun ...BUT....you maybe better off selling this gun and buying you another 870 with a shorter barrel. Because if your wanting a turkey gun for both you and your son your probably going to want a adj stock and stuff. I just pickup a few weeks ago a new youth 870 youth 20 ga.  For just under 320 out the door. Ive add shurshot stock sling swivel cap and B square for Simmons diamond pro. And turlock tube.

rcpigg65

No need for adjustable stock as he is a grown man already , just sort of wanting to play with a 20 gauge . Probably be used by me more than him as i am getting to dislike the recoil of 12 gauge loads more and more as i get older

rcpigg65

I could probably deal with the longer barrel , just curious as to which way to go? i think a new barrel would probably be too expensive to justify but wondering if any one has any experience getting them cut to length .

Izzyjoe

You didn't state what kind of remington you had, express magnum, or wingmaster 2.75? But Sumtoy should be fix you up.