OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

limbsaver?

Started by houagie, April 03, 2015, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

houagie

Was looking at getting an aftermarket pad like limbsaver but they don't make a direct replacement so I was thinking about the slip on version they have......anyone know the size I would need for a browning bps? And also will the slip on work the same as the ones bolted on?  Or should I just get the grind to size one that they offer?

bbcoach

Limbsavers are great.  I have one on my 835 and it tames the 3.5's that I put in her really well.  If you haven't called Limbsaver directly, I would.  Get the length and width measurements to the nearest 1/16" and see what they say.  The slip ons will dampen just as good as the regular or grind to fit.  The grind to fit will require more work but it's up to you what you feel comfortable with.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: houagie on April 03, 2015, 11:26:30 AM
Was looking at getting an aftermarket pad like limbsaver but they don't make a direct replacement so I was thinking about the slip on version they have......anyone know the size I would need for a browning bps? And also will the slip on work the same as the ones bolted on?  Or should I just get the grind to size one that they offer?

I like the slip on pads and use them a lot but I also use both grind to fit and the direct replacements.There is a "small/medium" that will fit 4 5/8" x 1 9/16" up to 5 1/8" 1 3/$" that only add 1/2" to the LOP, all the others add 1" to the LOP. The small/medium fits my BPS with synthetic stock but the wood stock takes a medium or large. That's one reason you don't see the BPS listed on the chart for slip on pads.

If you can measure your existing pad, I can tell you which one will slip over it, or it you want to measure the butt with the pad off, I can tell you about that as well. Might be best it you PM me. I might not see it quickly otherwise.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

houagie

Thanks for the help guys!  Clark expect a pm from me as soon as I get her measured up.

TrophyTracker

The new AirTech pad from Limbsaver is really awesome. It's difference in comfort, looks, and absorption of recoil from the original version is noticeable. Check into it before you make your final choice
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

houagie

Thanks trophytracker....i was just wondering about that....i think I will go with the air tech model.