turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

lights out anodized alum. yelowheart

Started by chiefeng66, April 02, 2015, 03:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefeng66

hello, i am new to the site and wanted to ask you guys opinion about the lights out yellowheart alum pot call. i ordered today and will be arriving Monday. Ive never paid this much for a call but i did some research and found this call more talked about than most so i just went ahead and pulled the trigger. Hope i didn't get my buggy ahead of the horse by doing this. i have a question about moisture. Will this call produce even in damp conditions. not rain but just damp air and high humidity since i live and hunt in Louisiana any feed back about knowledge of this call will be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance

chief

chiefeng66

just noticed i posted in wrong forum..sorry for that

Bowguy

You got screwed. Thing is terrible. Just kidding. I have one w a zebra pot. Awesome looking call. It'll pierce your ears and make pretty much every sound w ease

jlewis4390

I don't have that call but I have a anodized aluminum rut n strut and u can run it under the sink water and it will play the whole time literally can do anything with it in any condition. ...

Full strut

I have the same call and I love mine with a diamond wood striker. Money well spent brother! Thank you for supporting a fine arkansas call maker  :icon_thumright:

chiefeng66

good good..cannot wait until monday for it to arrive and hit the woods tuesday... :turkey2:
:turkey2: :funnyturkey:

Clif Owen

I have one in Canarywood. It's my favorite that I own.

Birdyblaster

I just got that exact call a couple weeks ago.  I haven't been able to hunt it yet since season doesn't start til next week but it sounds great and is really easy to run.

chiefeng66

sounds like a made the right choice by getting it then...cant wait

Jbird22

Wendell's Aluminum calls are very good IMO. I have one in a Mahogany pot and it'll sing. I hunt in SE MS and I've had no issues with it when it comes to moisture.

sixbird

I have that exact call and like others say, it's phenomenal! I do seem to recall moisture being somewhat of an issue (meaning raindrops) but that could be the striker that I use...None of my pots work when wet...I keep them in a pocket until I use them and try to shield them as much as possible...Actually none of my custom calls go out in the rain...Those are the days for my little Primos wet box and a mouth call...I wouldn't waste any energy worrying about that call (Lights out). It's one of the BEST!

stinkpickle

Wendell's calls are top notch.  I don't have an aluminum one...yet...but I have a slate and a glass call from him that are always in my vest.  In fact, I run the glass call on almost every hunt.

splinter84

You mean this anodized aluminum with purple heart pot call and diamond wood striker from Lights Out custom calls, by Mr Wendell?  ;D It's the first spring I got to use it. Last year my season was tough...never saw a bird. This was the first solid year I got to use. Called this guy in solo. Nice bird (8" beard, 23 lbs). The forecast for my hunting period was looking nasty this spring as well, so I got on the first bird I could. Good thing, we ended up getting 30-35 mph winds and sleet later in the week.

The call is a great, you will enjoy it! Good luck out there!

Spitten and drummen

looks like a yellow heart pot not purple heart.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE