turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pittman calls.

Started by deerbasshunter3, April 02, 2015, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Sportsman's Warehouse has some Preston Pittman calls on their shelves. Are these calls any good? I am thinking of getting a box call, and the Pittman is reasonably priced (for what I am willing to pay to get started). Also, the Pittman mouth calls are pretty good priced as well.

Dr Juice

I use the black diamond mouth call which is a challenge. I recommend the blue sapphire if it's available since it is easier to use from my understanding.

mgm1955

See if you can listen to the sweet and sassy and see what you think. Good luck!!

Jbird22

I used to love the Pittman Little Diamond and Little Exciter mouth calls. However, I had to buy 5 of each to get 2 that were consistent. I still have his Shockwave pot call (aluminum top with slate bottom) that sounds good and was very reasonably priced. I also have his Sweet & Nasty box call and it's a screamer.

EDIT - I don't hunt with any of them anymore but they were good calls to learn on. I have thought about taking the Sweet & Nasty box along with me recently but just haven't made room in my vest for it. I'm not much of a box call guy honestly.

deerbasshunter3

I kind of got the feeling that they are "assembly line" calls since they are sold in a big box store. I am trying to stay away from those now that I am getting better with my mouth calls, and would, honestly, rather support the custom call makers.

Bowguy

I've had probe w some of the bigger "custom" guys too. Try Hooks they're easy to run and so far I've seen none inconsistent

Jbird22

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on April 05, 2015, 05:49:43 AM
I kind of got the feeling that they are "assembly line" calls since they are sold in a big box store. I am trying to stay away from those now that I am getting better with my mouth calls, and would, honestly, rather support the custom call makers.
:icon_thumright:

TauntoHawk

When your ready for a box call go right to SS and get a field grade.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HunterMc23

I have the Two Face box call, it sounds pretty good!  :icon_thumright: