turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

See you guys on Sunday!!

Started by mfd1027, March 24, 2011, 09:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_eagen13

At least you had an exciting morning Dan! Fun reading about your guys' hunts. Still got over a couple more weeks here in MO, can't wait. Good luck in the morning Dan, and good luck to you too Dustin and whoever else will be in the woods the next few days. Keep after em!  :fud:

harvester

Quote from: t_eagen13 on March 31, 2011, 07:09:39 PM
At least you had an exciting morning Dan! Fun reading about your guys' hunts. Still got over a couple more weeks here in MO, can't wait. Good luck in the morning Dan, and good luck to you too Dustin and whoever else will be in the woods the next few days. Keep after em!  :fud:

Thanks Travis.

mfd1027

Another weird morning and another encounter. lol   I didn't hear a peep from the bird I've hunted the last few mornings so I jumped on my bike and headed for another part of the lease.   It's tough riding on muddy rds. lol :bike2:   I didn't fall but did have to put it in low low a couple of times.   I even had the rear wheel spinning on one hill. lol    Anyways,   the woods were quiet all morning and I decided it was time to get a little aggressive so I headed to a good sitting spot and set up.   I broke out my Pure Death crystal and my Gone Wild call and started calling.    I would yelp loudly on the pure death and then cutt/yelp on the Gone Wild.   I did this for about a min. and then shut up.    I was calling LOUD.    I waited 5 min. and yelped as loud as I could on the Gone Wild and lo and behold a bird answered.   This was at 10 am.    I hit him again rt. away just to take his temp. and he gobbled again.   I waited a min. or so and yelped again with no response.   I waited 5 min. and cutt/yelped and he gobbled again from the same spot which was a long ways away so I jumped up to close the distance.   Man, it was thick.   As I moved forward I yelped every min. or so but he didn't answer.  I guess I moved up 100 yds. or so and I decided to sit down because I thought that maybe he had started looking for me.   I couldn't see more than 20 yds. or so!   Anyways,   after I set up I yelped on the Pure Death and cut it off with a ground cackle on the Gone Wild.   SOB!!!!  we had passed each other and he was now back where I had just left.   I couldn't believe it.   I thought that maybe I could get him to circle back to me so I poured it on.   Wouldn't you know it he just kept going in the opposite direction.   I jumped up and made a big circle to see if I could head him off but I never got another response.     :angry9:    That's turkey hunting. lol    It's super windy rt. now which kind of stinks but it will dry the rds out which would be good.   Hopefully we've got a couple of nice days coming up.   I'm in hot pursuit!! 
Dan

keyser12ga

Glad you're breaking the bike in right! 

unclerick

You got to watch that wheel spinning Dan when going up hills, thats how people get stuck and stuff, and being that far back in the woods it maybe impossible to get a tow in there to pull you out,,, :TooFunny:
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus