OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

10 days, 3200 miles, 1 public land Osceola (long and pic heavy)

Started by alloutdoors, April 01, 2015, 05:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjnengr

Great story man and great pictures. Those crazy things that happen along the way are what make the hunts memorable.   :happy0064:

njdevilsb

Congrats.  I enjoyed reading every bit of that and your pictures are great.  Sounds like an awesome trip all around.

birdman561

Public land in Florida is tough for any game i always scout people first then my game second, sometimes the best looking spot on the map is the most popular, Great work!!

g8rvet

Awesome hunt and great story. 

And we call that a two rut road, or a sand road depending on your part of Florida.  Remember in Florida, an Oak ridge is about a 10 foot elevation!   Just helping you with the lingo for the future.  Glad the locals were on good behavior.  Not always the case.   Looks like spots I grew up hunting.  Never fooled with turkeys then, I was a deer hunter.  Those days were so much easier!   
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

alloutdoors

Quote from: g8rvet on April 02, 2015, 09:05:52 PM
Awesome hunt and great story. 

And we call that a two rut road, or a sand road depending on your part of Florida.  Remember in Florida, an Oak ridge is about a 10 foot elevation!   Just helping you with the lingo for the future.  Glad the locals were on good behavior.  Not always the case.   Looks like spots I grew up hunting.  Never fooled with turkeys then, I was a deer hunter.  Those days were so much easier!

Ha! Thanks, I appreciate the lesson in the local lingo.  :icon_thumright:  That's one of the fun things about traveling to new areas, each place has their own terms for things that are all a bit different.

backwater

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

larry9988

I enjoyed the pictures and the read. I very much admire the effort you put in and I am really glad you were successful. You will never forget that hunt. Congratulations.

birdhunterdave

renegade19

hobbes

Nothing wrong with congrats going around for a second run, but just an FYI.......this is a 2015 thread.   I read all the way through before I noticed.  :)

tha bugman

Love the pics!  Congrats on the getting the long legged devil!  ;D

alloutdoors

:welcomeOG:Guv
Quote from: hobbes on May 04, 2017, 09:27:37 AM
Nothing wrong with congrats going around for a second run, but just an FYI.......this is a 2015 thread.   I read all the way through before I noticed.  :)

This. I killed this bird over two years ago. Glad people are still enjoying the story though.  ;D  And if you are reading this you might as well check out the finished mount that I posted in the taxidermy forum after I got it back last spring, lol! http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,61599.0.html

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!