OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Small turkey scale?

Started by BlakeJ, April 01, 2015, 12:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

Any suggestions on a small, compact scale to carry in my vest to weigh birds?

FullChoke

Ebay. Type "compact digital scale" in the search. They run about $6 with free shipping.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

pdaugherty

I have a small digital fishing scale that Rapala makes. it works great for birds and is pretty accurate.

jblackburn

I use a Berkley brand fishing scale from Walmart.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

njdevilsb

I use a fishing scale as well.

BlakeJ

I found a little luggage scale on amazon. Gonna give it a shot.

jlewis4390

I just bought a digital luggage scale off craigslist $5 brand new in pack it is sweet for money pretty accurate

alloutdoors

I've had the Berkley one from Walmart for several seasons but it died on me this year. Went to replace it and they had a similar one from Mustad, seems to work fine.

Dr Juice

I bought one from the NWTF for a reasonable price a number of years ago. It will calculate the scoring and has a tape measurer as well. Pretty cool.

stinkpickle

I just keep a fish scale in the truck...no need to carry it around in my vest.

Cutt

Quote from:  StinkpickleI just keep a fish scale in the truck...no need to carry it around in my vest.

I agree, got enough junk in my vest.

Lonster

I too use a digital fish scale which stays in the truck. No need to tote it and I don't need to know his weight until after I get him to the truck.

Lonster

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

mudhen

I use the orange digital one made for turkeys...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

eddie234

Just curious, why do you need one in your vest?