turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester xx #6 good?

Started by jlewis4390, March 31, 2015, 12:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlewis4390

Sent wife to store while I was at work specifically said longbeard xr #6 3.5" and she brought home winchester xx #6 3.5" as u know Noone let's people return ammo so should I shoot them or sale them or sale em and get longbeards? I don't wanna open em if they are horrible .....she paid 22.99 for em ....I am shooting a bakail with a 30" barrel and a Carlson .665 turkey choke ...what ya think ?

stinkpickle

Those are generally very good shells...definitely worth trying out.

budtripp

Those were the gold standard for lead shells before the longbeards came out.  :OGturkeyhead:

jlewis4390

Ok so I called a local bait store and they will swap me for box of longbeards but only have 3" so now my ? Is what to do shoot 3" or stay with 3.5"?

stinkpickle

turkey harvester

If you shot winchester's before longbeards then thats probably one of the choices you had to choose from. Good shells.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

10gaugemag

Wish I had a case of the 3/2/6 XX Magnums. Turkey killers there.

jlewis4390

I took back and got the 3"#6 longbeards and am impressed now wanna try 3.5"

deerbasshunter3

You didn't tell your wife she messed up, did you? Furthermore, I hope you didn't tell her you traded them. 

I had a couple boxes of the XX and a couple boxes of the LBs. I liked the pattern from the LBs so much, I never bothered to shot the XXs. I would be interested to know how they shoot.

jlewis4390

Nope didnt tell her she just sees black box and dont notice a difference.....Only prob I had which conditions weren't awesome was I was shooting high right .....the barrel was dirty and I was shooting down hill and wind gust was 30mph but had to shoot to see what happened couldn't wait lol..trying to post pics but keeps only processing to 70% and then sits there won't load pics ...I also shot a 3"#6 turkey thug

Dr Juice

We expose ourselves to a synergistic negative effect if we tell our better half that she screwed up buying the wrong shells. Hell, my wife wouldn't even suggest to do me such a favor.  :happy0064:

jlewis4390

Here's what they did I am hitting high right what ya think ..30 mph gust and down hill with dirty barrel ...20 yards
40 yards

turkey thugs 3" #6