turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another decoy question

Started by cjordan, March 30, 2015, 09:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjordan

Alright guys, I know decoys are beat to death here but I just thought about something, and wanted to ask some of you who may know. I will start off by saying I'm pretty new to turkey hunting (3years) and haven't ever hunted with a decoy. My FIL has pretty much kept me away from them because of other hunters shooting your decoy, and all the dangers associated with it. Well I was sitting on the front porch looking up at the sky enjoying the peace and quiet, and thought " why couldn't you put some flagging tape on your decoy?" Maybe tie a price around the neck "collar" and maybe tie a peice around the mid section. You can get flagging tape in all different colors. This maybe a crazy idea and maybe it has been discussed on here already, if so I appologize. Like I said I haven't ever hunted with them and don't really have any intentions on doing so, but if it wouldn't spook the birds this might save someone from getting shot. I just don't know if it would spook the birds tho. I know you can't prevent stupidity but it doesn't hurt to try, especially when it comes to your life. Maybe I'm over thinking this, but it probably wouldn't take but a couple of seconds to throw the tape on your decoy in the woods.
Again if this has already been talked about or if it won't work then I appologize for the repeat. If not let me know if you think it'll work or not. Thanks