OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scope Question.

Started by Deputy 14, March 29, 2015, 11:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

I've got a 1x4 Leupold VXII that my wife bought me for Christmas that's collecting dust. I'm thinking about mounting it on my turkey gun but I'm curious if it will hold up to the blast of a 3.5 inch turkey load. I know most shotgun scopes are made with more eye relief (this scope has plenty), but curious if the shotgun scopes are made heavier.

Supermagwaterfowl

Leupold advertises all rifle scopes to be recoill tested up to a .375 h&h, which has more ftlbs of recoil energy than even heavier than lead 2 1/4 ounce turkey loads. The shotgun/muzzle loader has a 5 inch eye relief compared to the standard 4 inches of the rifle scopes. This is the only difference other than the shotgun/Muzzleloader scope is available in certain rectcles  the other scopes are not. In my opinion you should be fine as long as the eye relief raises no problems for you on your set up. If you are unsure, contact leupold they have excellent customer service. Hope this helps

anthonyjhallen

I have one on my encore. It only shoots 3" shells but I haven't had any issues with it.

Deputy 14