OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglo red dot broken

Started by Shaky Jake, March 29, 2015, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky Jake

Took my new turkey gun out today. It came with a Truglo red dot scope and I figured it'd be ok. Not the case. Second shot of the day, the inner lens came loose (the one that the red dot is projected onto) I wasn't even shooting heavy loads, I only had low brass in the gun to get it on the paper. Gonna take it back tomorrow and get a new one. Hopefully, this was an isolated incident.

chatterbox

Quote from: Shaky Jake on March 29, 2015, 08:58:50 PM
Took my new turkey gun out today. It came with a Truglo red dot scope and I figured it'd be ok. Not the case. Second shot of the day, the inner lens came loose (the one that the red dot is projected onto) I wasn't even shooting heavy loads, I only had low brass in the gun to get it on the paper. Gonna take it back tomorrow and get a new one. Hopefully, this was an isolated incident.
I hope so, but I never had good luck with the TRU-GLO's. Everyone I had broke.
Hope they make it right for you!

Shaky Jake

They took it back and gave me a new one. Hope it holds up when I head to the range this week.

Crappiepro

I watched my buddy this morning shoot his gun with a new Tru-Glo 30mm 5moa, about 6 shots in it cracked the front glass in the middle. He was using 3 1/2" Long beards #5.
I had went earlier this morning before he came over and I bought a TG 30mm in the black box. I got it home and it had 2 green dots inside the sight window.. I took it back to the store in the afternoon and checked 3 other new in the box Tru-glos same model and they too had 2 dots.
I paid the difference on exchange for a Tru-glo 30mm 5moa when I returned the cheaper one.
I hope this one is a good one.
Seems like you get one and last forever and another won't last a season!

Crappiepro

Good news is my Buddy contacted the Tru-glo customer service and they are sending him a new one!

Shaky Jake

With all their models being shock rated to the same degree, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I suppose that a company pumping out thousands of red dots a year, some are bound to be defective.

TRex18

Guys I just picked up a TruGlo Triton 30mm, I hope I got a good one! ahahhah....but wanted I wanted to tell you was, last week I was looking through it with a buddy and it didn't seem really clear, I mean as the dots and circle.....they kinda had a blurriness to them.....I was upset....however this was in our house in the kitchen....The next morning I went outside with natural real light, and it was crystal clear. The non natural light in the house seemed to make it disturbed or something. Hope this helps. Hope my lens doesn't break either.

Shaky Jake

Scope number 2 came through with issues. The up and down adjustment wouldn't work. Took it back and was given scope number 3. This one seems fine after a day at the range.

chatterbox

Quote from: Shaky Jake on April 10, 2015, 11:48:13 AM
Scope number 2 came through with issues. The up and down adjustment wouldn't work. Took it back and was given scope number 3. This one seems fine after a day at the range.
another reason I have zero faith in those red dots. IMO, they are junk.

grayfox

I'm on my 3rd season with the TruGlo TruBrite.  So good so far.  Might want to try one of those.  Lots of people have good luck with them.  Not all the cheaper red dots will hold up to the recoil of turkey guns.

beagler

Quote from: chatterbox on April 10, 2015, 12:12:03 PM
Quote from: Shaky Jake on April 10, 2015, 11:48:13 AM
another reason I have zero faith in those red dots. IMO, they are junk.
I've been using Aimpoints for years. They are virtually indestructible.
Never Misses