Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Got us one!!!

Started by turkey buster, March 28, 2015, 01:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Posting results and will post story. My buddy that went got one too. It was his first

turkey buster

Guys what a great opening morning! Got my buddy his first ever bird and 3-3.5hrs later got one for myself! Had my decoys beat up and missed the show locating one, but it worked out anyway.

7:45 buddy kills a solo gobbler about 100 yards from the decoys after abandoning them to chase 3 we heard. We was making our move toward the 3 when a bluejay made a noise and the solo one gobbled 60-70 yards out. We hit a tree and after a few calls my buddy's bird was 20 yards and got the boom flop.

Fast forward to 10:00 we are still hunting me one and loop back to pick up my decoys. We round the trail and I say hey brad is that a bird or my decoy and then his fan opens! We hit a tree and I do some calling. He gobbles a bit and leaves. 45 minutes of butt scooting and crawling following this bird about 100 yards to watch him strut with what was with 2 more gobblers around several hens.

They go over a ridge and I crawl to the crest of it and set back up and inch slowly to look over and there's a whole flock. I get ready and he's about 35 yards away strutting away from me. He breaks strut and lifts his head up and gets the boom flop.

Now back to the decoys that we left there...when we rounded the curve and seen him strutting there it was about 75 yards away. After a long time of slowly getting there after he left I seen he had attacked my Primos Gobbstoper jake and dented him all up and had either mounted or attached my hen decoy because she was knocked over also. We had missed the "show" by a minute or two at the most from watching it happen. But it worked out anyway

cphill

Congrats man sounds like a great morning..I hope next Saturday goes that good for me

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bow.m3v.hunter

CONGRATS....Very nice bird!!!

Illini Tom

way to go, guys
chooters are knockin em dead

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

ericjames

You can't beat 2 good hunts in one day! Congrats to both of you