turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

no witnesses

Started by 2eagles, March 27, 2015, 12:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

The "do you hunt by yourself or with others" threads got me thinking. (always dangerous)
In my short turkey hunting career, no one has seen me shoot a turkey. I'm semi-retired and mostly hunt public land, so I try to do most of my hunting during the week. I also hunt with my grown sons when possible and even though one son has killed several turkeys, I have never seen anyone else shoot a turkey. We have been on the same property at the same time and had shooting, but never within sight of each other. My other son has yet to kill his first tom, but has tried several years. He has one full time job, in the Army Reserves, two part time jobs and two little boys, so he doesn't have a lot of extra time. He hunts deer and waterfowl like crazy in the fall. Hopefully he can get his first turkey this year. Another young man has asked me to take him out and I hope that works out too.
No real point to this thread, but I think there's maybe a little humor here.

Chris' first bird many years ago.....

mgm1955

Good luck to all of you!! It's awesome to share a hunt with family or friends and make memories together!

stinkpickle

Interesting.  Come to think of it, I've seen quite a few people shoot birds, but I think only one person has ever seen me shoot one.

the Ward

If a tree falls in the forest......lol! I have called birds for others and watched them shoot, even video'd my b.i.l. taking one once, but I have always been by myself when I have killed my own gobblers.

Mike Honcho

I'm same way....killed a ton of birds but only remember one time anyone saw me shoot a bird.  I take my grandsons but always let them shoot.

perrytrails

I almost always have 1 or 3 people with me. Idk how many times I've set the shooter up 20 or 30 in front of me.

Bird comes in, circles around and someone else or myself end up taking the bird.

It's pretty exciting to say the least.  Getting to share that with other people is awesome.

Even when I'm tagged out I'll find someone to go with. Can't get enough.

Mike Honcho

It would be fun going with others but competition here is tight for land to hunt and I've learned best to go solo.