News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger m3500 with Remington Wingmaster 3 1/2" #4

Started by Jgarrett, March 26, 2015, 04:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgarrett

Hey guys,
I'm shooting a Stoeger m3500 with the factory included extra full turkey choke with Remington Wingmaster HD 3 1/2" #4 shells.  My question is.......I don't think it patterns well out to 40.  Do ya'll have any recommendations on a choke that would work better with my set-up.....and I have 25 boxes of these shells....so I don't want to switch to another load.  Thanks in advance.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

lr308

First thing I would try is a Carlsons .650 If your not satisfied with that call Sumtoy.

Jgarrett

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Jgarrett on March 26, 2015, 04:11:14 PM
Hey guys,
I'm shooting a Stoeger m3500 with the factory included extra full turkey choke with Remington Wingmaster HD 3 1/2" #4 shells.  My question is.......I don't think it patterns well out to 40.  Do ya'll have any recommendations on a choke that would work better with my set-up.....and I have 25 boxes of these shells....so I don't want to switch to another load.  Thanks in advance.

I shot a lot of those 3" shells but mostly #6 shot. I probably still have some, I know I still have quite a few of the 20 gauge in all the different sizes. A friend has killed a lot of turkeys with those 20 gauge shells.

It's beautiful shot, looks like copper but is a tungsten allow and still quite hard compared to lead. The #6s shot patterned pretty well out to 40 yards.

Remington used their steel wads when they loaded that shot. It's a very hard wad, not flexible and stiff. They also have much more capacity due to being designed for steel. With that #4 shot and that hard wad, I'd go with a choke with a .675 exit diameter, if that's more open that what you have currently.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."