turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trulock choke for Fed Hw #7

Started by Oconeeguy, March 26, 2015, 11:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oconeeguy

This choke shoot other turkey loads well ? Just came into 5 boxes of 12ga. 3"", HW #7s. Detailed experience with this choke is welcome. I have a 3" , Rem 11-87  or a BPS (both 12 ga.) that I might use with it.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Oconeeguy on March 26, 2015, 11:32:03 AM
This choke shoot other turkey loads well ? Just came into 5 boxes of 12ga. 3"", HW #7s. Detailed experience with this choke is welcome. I have a 3" , Rem 11-87  or a BPS (both 12 ga.) that I might use with it.

I have that choke in inventory, in Rem-Choke threads but have not been able to get it to the range to try it. My experience with other Trulock chokes is that even though they may be designed for a specific shell, they still do quite well with others. Please understand that's a very general statement and at present, I have no range time experience with that particular choke tube. If time and weather allow, I'll take it to the range soon.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

gatrkyhntr70

The only other shell I've shot through it was a 3" longbeard #5 and it was a nasty pattern.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

wolverines

Nasty as in stone dead turkeys that never quiver, or nasty as in chunk a handful of rocks at em?

Birdyblaster

I'm running that choke in my 870 with HW 7's and have been pretty happy with the pattern with that shell.  I shot a Hevi 7 through it just to see what it would do and wasn't real impressed.  The pattern with the Hevi 7's was even but not very tight and pretty much covered a 2x2 sheet of paper evenly.

Fullfan

I spent countless hours testing chokes attempting to get the Federal HW to get consistent patterns.

I'm sure no where close to what Clark has done, But The TrueLock choke out shot all others. I have the choke in my remingtons and my Super x-2.

I can say that I am very pleased with the choke. I can put up 180"s in my 3" guns, and over 200 in my 3.5 guns. The Federal HW #6 shot also produces expectable patterns through this choke.

Don't gobble at me...