OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris customer service, not a great experience!!!

Started by Rem Man, March 25, 2015, 01:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rem Man

So I buy a speed bead mount for my sbeii and I get it and guess what it doesn't fit . I can't blame Burris for that because the one I got was for my gun. I call customer service and the guy pretty much tells me that you have to use a lot of force to mount it. I find this hard to believe . I had no luck and called back. The man tells me to send it back and it will take 4-6 weeks for repair! It's a 79.00 part. I tell him with the season right around the corner that won't work. I guess I just waisted 79.00 on some crap that doesn't fit. I have a lot of Burris optics and it's just frustrating !!! Looks like I will have to put a weaver rail on. Thanks for listening!

TauntoHawk

I love my fast fire but have heard not awesome things about their service. Now I got an insanely good deal in mine but if I was buying new right now I would go with Vortex's new options for just a little more $$ because I know they will warranty everything.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

reynolds243

yeah thats some BS! there use to be a burris rep on here, maybe if he is still here he can contact you

870FaceLift

Can't speak to the customer service part, but the speedbead on my SBE2 did take some force to put on.  The good news is that its not moving once installed.
Pass it on...

StrutStopper_71

Man I lost scope turret cap earlier this year and called burris and told them what happened. The guy took my addres and four days later there were two new caps in my mail box no charge. I had a pretty good experience with them. That stinks they won't make it right with you.

Stoner

I had a Burris Black Diamond scope that had some cosmetic defects (plastic rings breaking down); contacted Burris and they said the scope is no longer made and send me a brand new higher value scope. Could have not been happier with Burris,  I would definitely purchase from them again.

neal

I put two separate speed beads on both my SBEII and both went on hard, but did go on and have been rock solid since. I did have a question this spring while shooting one of them called customer service and they were very helpful and wouldn't let me off the phone till they felt I understood their answer. Maybe try to call back and talk to someone else?

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Bowguy

Quote from: StrutStopper_71 on March 25, 2015, 02:28:31 PM
Man I lost scope turret cap earlier this year and called burris and told them what happened. The guy took my addres and four days later there were two new caps in my mail box no charge. I had a pretty good experience with them. That stinks they won't make it right with you.
I had the exact same thing happen n had the identical experience

WV Ridge Reaper

It will work...I believe if you read the directions it says to line the holes up,put the stock on and tighten it up..The force from that will push the mount into place.

You need to leave the shims out to if you use the B shim I believe it is.

I just did a M2..I thought it wouldn't fit either then I looked at the directions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay/nc

I've got a Speedbead & FF3 on my M2 for turkey hunting . I removed both to shoot skeet & when tried to reinstall them I damaged the hinge pins. I called Burris in hopes I could order just the pins but they said they didn't have any in stock. So they send me a new Speedbead free of charge. Didn't even charge shipping. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Rem Man

I did go by the instructions but when I talked to a tech he pretty much stated to force the mount on. I am going to send it back and see what happens. I really hate to post this stuff on public forums but I talked to 3 different workers today at burris and they all pretty much hung me out to dry. I will keep you guys posted.

Rem Man

I also wanted to add that the tech stated that the speed bead is a one shot deal, and once you install it you need to leave it on. The tech also stated that it took one of their best techs about 1 1/2 hrs. to install one on a sbeii the other day. He said that it is a pretty tough task!

mudhen

No issues with Blurris CS...yet...

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Cut N Run

My Speed Bead was a bear to install, but it is good to go once I got it in place.  I hope they get you straightened out quick.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Gobblers_nightmare

I've got the FastFire III on a SpeedBead on my 11-87.  I'm using a SpeedFeed pistol grip stock and the SpeedBead wedged pretty darn tight, but it did go.
I can't complain about their customer service.  I lots the sun shield on the FastFire, and they had a new one to me in a few days, at no cost to me.
Cluck-Gobble-BOOM!