OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Son's turkey

Started by somedude, March 24, 2011, 07:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somedude

I know it don't help our standings but I called in a 20 pound bird for my 15 year old son yesterday.  He had a 10 inch beard and 7/8 spurs. :z-guntootsmiley:  I could have killed him but I was calling for him.  Neither one of us has ever killed a turkey so this one was his.  I would post some pictures but I don't know how. :turkey2: :turkey2:
  Sorry guys, I will try to get the next one for us!  God Bless   <>< del
A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.  Prov  11:25
DALES TURKEY CALLS
Stevens 20 gauge
Remington 870  12 gauge
https://i.imgur.com/howRdMo.jpg

KYFrid

No need to apologize man congrats to you and your son.  :icon_thumright:

davisd9

email them to me at davisd@winthrop.edu and I will be glad to post them for you.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

Congrats!! to your son. Love taking my boys hunting it is most fun i ever have.
 I will be taking my15 year old for the first time this year. Don't think we can use their birds for the contest.
If you need help posting pictures I'm sure someone on the team can walk you through it.

davisd9

Here is the turkey.  Congratulations, GREAT BIRD!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

One more...

[attachment deleted by admin]

blackmagic

somedude

Thanks guys.  I used to guide in the Selway in Idaho and have called some really big elk in to about 20 to 30 yards, no comparison to what happened yesterday.  My pulse was in TURBO!  I could see the bird at 20 yards strutting, spitting and drumming.  I had an open shot but my son had brush between him and the bird.  I fell like Troy from Swamp People.  I kept whispering shoot! shoot!  To his credit, he would not shoot because of the brush between him and the bird.  The turkey finally showed his head to Lane and my grandfather's Remington 1100 12 gauge spoke!  FINNALLY!!!
The Father above blessed us with meat for the table and memories that will not fade away.  Thanks for yall's support!  God Bless   <>< del
:fud: :newmascot:
A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.  Prov  11:25
DALES TURKEY CALLS
Stevens 20 gauge
Remington 870  12 gauge

timbrhuntr

Man thats awesome calling in your first kill and letting your son have it. Good for you and congrats to you both.

You also must know he now has bragging rights FOREVER for killing the first bird !  :whip2:

somedude

Yeah, he's told me about hmmm 100 times!  But!!!!  I called him in on a string. :z-winnersmiley:  Came right in to the Dales Turkey Calls box call. :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
DALES TURKEY CALLS
Stevens 20 gauge
Remington 870  12 gauge

LilFridWV

:z-guntootsmiley: that's memories and stories to tell the grand kids one day. My dad would shoot the bird instead of letting one his boys shoot. My brother called my first turkey in for me. He said he could see right down my gun barrel and watched me pop my turkey. You'll get yours soon. Good things happen to people who do good things! Tell you son congrats!

FireDoc

Very cool! Congrats!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF