OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sonora, Texas Toms

Started by Yelper, March 24, 2015, 04:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelper

Went down to Sonora, TX this past weekend for the opener only to be in one heck of a rain event for that area. Also was unable to scout Friday due to the rain and roads were not passable. Opening day pouring rain, was not able to scout or hunt at all. Sunday morning woke up to sunshine and went to a long draw with plenty of trees and heard about 15-20 toms. 2 hrs later after working about 8 toms, finally was able to close the deal on these 2 Rio's. They were worked almost entirely with a Box Call by SS customs, and final closure was done with a double reed sweet Osceola mouth call. Big 4yr old bird was 24 lbs with 10 in beard and 1 1/4 spurs & 2nd bird was 17 lbs with slim 10 in beard & 1 inch spurs. Had to head back to Alabama with only two morning hunts, I called up a total of 14 toms.

captin_hook

alloutdoors

Mike Honcho

Nice birds congratulations on a good hunt!

mgm1955

Congrats on a fine pair of birds!!

beagler

Never Misses

owlhoot

porcupine

SS Calls

Congrats Terry!!!  :turkey2: Glad the box call worked for you. Best of luck the rest of the season. :icon_thumright:

strutnva

Dr Juice

Big Rack

TWE Custom Calls
Youtube: Callmakerinbama
Email: callmakerinbama@gmail.com

taylorjones20

Congrats!  Sounds like a great hunt!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

n2deer

Congrats on a great hunt, hate I couldn't go. I hope the weather is better for you next time.

zelmo1