turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Fan holder - for drying

Started by Gamblinman, March 24, 2015, 10:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamblinman

Been a couple of years ago, but someone posted about a plastic jig used to hold the fan spread out while it dries. I bought some, but of course, can't find them now. Would like to order some more. I've searched here and the web, but no luck. Anyone have a lead or link to this product?

Thanks in advance...

Gman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gamblinman

That would work, but the not the same ones.

TY

Gman

kjnengr

My buddy and I just use a flattened cardboard box and small stick pins to stick the feathers to the cardboard.  Each feather can be manipulated to cover missing/broken tail feathers.  That and some borax and curing time and you have yourself a preserved turkey fan.

Marc

Quote from: Treerooster on March 24, 2015, 11:44:26 AM
This one?

http://www.skipenterprises.com/hunting_products.html#the_photo_fan

Actually a really cool idea...  Problem with trying to sell those, is that even for me they would be easy to make...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

cornfedkiller

Quote from: Treerooster on March 24, 2015, 11:44:26 AM
This one?

http://www.skipenterprises.com/hunting_products.html#the_photo_fan

I looked into getting one of these after someone else mentioned them..They look slick!

The think I was confused about was that 1 of them is $15, or 3 of them is $15..If Im reading that right?

OP..if this is what you are looking for and you order one, order the 3 pack and I will buy one off of you...

alloutdoors

If you get just one you get a DVD with it, or you can skip the DVD and get 3 for the same price. I keep one in my vest, one in my waist pack, and one in the vehicle so no matter what I'll have one with me. They work great!

Dr Juice

I use a small piece of plywood with 3 finishing nails lined up and 6" apart to hold the fan. Cheap and very effective.

Muzzy61

Quote from: kjnengr on March 24, 2015, 11:37:08 AM
My buddy and I just use a flattened cardboard box and small stick pins to stick the feathers to the cardboard.  Each feather can be manipulated to cover missing/broken tail feathers.  That and some borax and curing time and you have yourself a preserved turkey fan.

this is the method i use
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jakesdad

I use a piece of plywood and use 1" sheetrock screws placed where needed.I then place rubberbands between each set of screws to help hold it all down against the plywood.Borax it and let it sit.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Huntingwithahoyt

^^^^ this by far.....cheap and everything can be found at most homes....I have done dozens this way

Sent from: 20 ft up in a treestand!

Gamblinman

spurman

Here is a very cheap spreader that works pretty good.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

cornfedkiller

I'm thinking about putting an order in for a couple of the Skip Enterprise ones simply for taking field photos (I could make something out of plywood, but for a couple bucks, I'd rather have one that isnt going to snag on things in my bag), and I'm curious if there is anyone here who would be interested in buying one from me if I order a few.

I need a couple for myself, but the more I buy the cheaper they are, so I'm just trying to make them cheaper for everyone if there are a couple guys here that want them..