turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

box call recommendation please

Started by heathwesley, March 22, 2015, 07:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathwesley

I love all our custom makers on here first off.  I have bought from many of them.  I am asking for a recommendation on a box call.  Looks don't really matter.  Looking for something all turkey to be used as a locator call when they won't answer to anything else.  Also something that won't break the bank. 
Thanks, Heath

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

KSFLNT

I have many from retailers and custom but you should look at the RedHead Jerry Martin signature from Bass Pro Shops. It is easy to run and simply sounds great. It is $29.99.

Bowguy

Not sure where break the bank is for you but SS Custom as well as Halloran make nice boxes that sound great. Locating it sometimes seems something high and screechy works wonders. Believe it or not sometimes the wet boxes by HS Strut have located birds when others couldn't. That's a real high pitched call. Not even sure why I carry it since I have a ton of calls, guess when it starts out real wet I don't wanna handle good calls. Truth is I've called one bird in to a kill with it, I'd normally strike em, set up n use a different call when closer.

Gooserbat

My Cedar Chest box is hand tuned and on sale for $39.99 shipped.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TauntoHawk

SS build an excellent field grade, full of turkey. I have 3 they all sound different but excellent.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tomstopper

mgm1955

Jeff McKamey long box will do it all!

rmbailey2010

Bible Belt Outdoors -Gospel Game Calls has a short box that is small enough to drop down in a pocket but still packs a punch and is 100% turkey. Not only do they make great products but also are a great group of Christian men who take a stand for Christ. Check em out!!

Dr Juice

I love the new Primos Hook Up. It's a sharp and loud call for under $30.

matchbook454

Try a Dead End Game Calls Mudslide box call!  Great sounding call and won't break the bank.

worth612000

Mike @ Spring Creek Calls. Take a look, you will be pleased with looks and price.

bbcoach

Another vote for Spring Creek!  Mike Crooks makes a Quality, All Turkey box call that won't break the bank.  PM Mike at Spring Creek Calls for more info. 

M Sharpe

Russell Beard, Jeff McKamey, or Richard Hudson!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

scdxt

Very impressed with Scott Wilpers pocket rocket box. Picked up two at nashville. Great price and very nice guy to deal with.