turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Food plots or roads?

Started by RiverRoost, March 21, 2015, 08:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

It's supposed to be raining here in the morning. Found some pretty new tracks and strut marks in a road that runs through a cutover w food plots close by the strut marks. Should I set up a pop up blind in a curve at that spot in the road where I can see good ways or actually move blind up into one of the food plots?

Bowguy

If it's raining they usually stay somewhere fairly dry when they're on ground. At my old place theyd crowd horseshoe pits like passengers at a city bus stop come bad weather. So whatever more easily fits that bill

RiverRoost

The food plots will be open bc they are couple acres but roads have a few oak trees scattered hanging over

Marc

In the rain, I look for areas with cover from the rain, near their normal haunts...

I have actually had good luck hunting in the rain, but the birds come in quiet, and you cannot even hear them walking (due to the damp ground).  I like to run & gun, but in the rain, I am more likely to commit to a spot, knowing that the birds will not be as vocal...

If you are in a good turkey local, and can stay fairly dry yourself (due to the cover), you are probably in a good spot...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Dtrkyman

Unless it is a downpour all day I would be in a field!