OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Non insulated rain gear

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 21, 2015, 02:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I'm in the market for a non insulated , packable , and quiet rain suit. Something in a soft fabric. Non of that plastic or vinyl type. Don't want to break the bank as I won't be wearing it a lot. Any suggestions. Thanks.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

remmy1187

Check the Bargain cave at cabelas on line.  A.G.O. Men's Two-Piece Rain Suit on sale for $41.88 was   119.99. 

Snoodsniper

Cabelas dry plus is pretty good. Just don't walk through a briar patch with the pants on. I shredded mine a couple years ago.

TauntoHawk

Finding good rain gear that doesn't feel like a trash bag when it gets hot out is hard to find. Especially something light weight and quiet.

My buddy got a set of MTO5O gortex last year and I was very impressed with it but they didn't have my size when it was on sale and I won't pony up the cash at full retail.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dtrkyman

I have cabelas space rain, packable and ultra light...love it!

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 21, 2015, 04:29:06 PM
I have cabelas space rain, packable and ultra light...love it!
Same here. It did finally start seeping thru but I retreated it and it's good again. It does tear easy so just watch if you get it. If it does get a hole/tear a piece of duct tape on the inside will fix it. Super light and packable

USMC0331

I'm not sure what you consider pricy but Rivers West makes outstanding rain gear. Whatever you choose there is a product called ReviveX that works great on rain gear/soft shells, work wear/uniforms, cotton denim and duck fabrics. Follow the directions and watch the water roll off your cloths.

Sako358

Check out "Frogg Toggs"

I keep a jacket rolled up in my vest back pocket. And the paints stay in my ATV.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/CamoProAction.shtm

:fud:.......dad...nab...it! To Far..........................41.5 yds  :funnyturkey:
Run & Gun: Benelli SBE 2, Trijicon RMR, IC .710, Hevi 13 #5 Zero 30 yds
Blind Gun:  Benelli SBE 2, Leupold 1.5x5 Circle Dot, Trulock .665, Federal HW #5 Zero 40 yds
Field Gun: Benelli Super Nova, Leupold 6x42, Harris Bipod, IC .670, Federal HW #5 Zero 50 yds