turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

a few different choices.. help

Started by philipriley16, March 20, 2015, 09:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philipriley16

GUYS I need help. I'm trying to decide between a model 1300 short turkey or a beneli nova. Both are 3 inch guns and both have scopes on them. As far as patterns I've never had anything like them so I don't know which one would be better. Both are around same money and after 2 boxes of long beards I'll have about 400 in either. What would you all suggest

eddie234

I love my 1300's after a lot of trial and error I like the comp m choke .655 with the longbeards.

stinkpickle

Rem Man

Well I can tell you that I love my Super Nova!!! I own a pile of shotguns and shoot a lot. The nova throws some mean patterns and functions flawlessly. I have the newer one and the forearm is non existent. I shoot a Hevi 13 .656 choke and an older Jellyhead .655 and this gun shoots all the loads I tried great. I have a red dot on mine and the model with the steady grip stock. I guess I could be a little bias due to the fact the I never liked Winchester Shotguns. GOOD LUCK!

On a side note my buddy is a huge waterfowl hunter and abuses his guns!!!!! and loves pumps. He told me that he never had such a rugged performing shotgun in his hands. I know its hard to believe but he owns several high end auto loaders and he takes his nova every time.

philipriley16

The 1300 has a factory choke and a simmons pro diamond scope in advantage timber. The nova is also in advantage timber and with a 24 barrel running a comp n choke. I think it has a bushnell scope

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Both of the guns in the picture are 1300s.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Both of the guns in the picture are 1300s.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: philipriley16 on March 20, 2015, 09:49:59 PM
GUYS I need help. I'm trying to decide between a model 1300 short turkey or a beneli nova. Both are 3 inch guns and both have scopes on them. As far as patterns I've never had anything like them so I don't know which one would be better. Both are around same money and after 2 boxes of long beards I'll have about 400 in either. What would you all suggest

In my experience, they are pretty similar guns. Both are very quick for pumps and both are proven designs.  The Nova does give you the option of a 3.5" shell and has a chrome-lined barrel.

Parts for both guns, should you ever need them are relatively expensive. The Nova is still in production and likely to be for many more years. The 1300 is no longer in production of course.

To me they feel quite different and it would probably boil down to that.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

philipriley16

Thanks guys I have been giving it some thought and actually have decided on a 20 gauge. I'm going to pick up a remington 870 youth. Never tried a 20 but this will be the year