OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Patternmaster Code Black for the Winchester SX2 (Invector Plus)

Started by Dr Juice, March 20, 2015, 11:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

Good Day Fellow Turkey Slayers - has anyone paterned the Patternmaster Code Black on their Win SX2? I have a 26" barrel and I would appreciate your feedback.

zelmo1

I have not, but I will in my new SX3 Longbeard when it comes in. I shoot it in my Browning Gold 12/3.5 and I love it. I do not recommend shots over 40 yards, but I miscalculated in a field  last year and stoned one at 52 yards last year. Good result, bad situation. I bought a range finder for this year. I think you will like the choke. Al Baker

Dr Juice

Thank you Al for the feedback. I am interested in how your SX3 will perform, so please keep the thread updated.

zelmo1

:z-winnersmiley: Will do, and good luck. It patterned great with Longbeard #5's and hevi shot #5's Al Baker

taylorjones20

The only pattermaster choke I shot was one for duck hunting.  I didn't know it wouldn't shoot Winchester Blind Side or Federal Black cloud shells.  Learned the hard way when it broke the choke and bulged the barrel. ($650 mistake) Been buying Rob Roberts choke ever since.  Can shoot any type shell through any of them without worries...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Dr Juice

Thank you for the feedback Taylorjones20. It's much appreciated.