OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Williams Slugger sights on Browning Gold

Started by 10gaugemag, March 20, 2015, 08:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

Is anyone running these sights on a Gold shotgun? I would like to try them but am wondering if there is room under the rib on the Gold.

SKFOOTER

10gaugemag

I have read a few reviews where people had to contact Williams to get a taller ramp for the rear sight. Is this an ongoing issue with some guns or have they started building taller ramps and sending them with the sights?

10gaugemag

I received the sights from Midway today. Replaced the factory Hi-Viz with a white bead and got the Williams on. Need to get a wee bit shorter screws for the front since the ones sent with the sight hit the barrel but satisfied otherwise. Great bang for the buck.

taylorjones20

Yeah I have a set of tru glow on my browning and I had to move the front part of the sight back a little so the screws wouldn't hit the barrel...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

10gaugemag

Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 31, 2015, 10:04:48 PM
Yeah I have a set of tru glow on my browning and I had to move the front part of the sight back a little so the screws wouldn't hit the barrel...
May give that a shot.

slicksbeagles1

I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE REAR SIGHT AND THE RAMP NEEDED TO BE TALLER. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS CALL STEVE CURTIS AT WILLIAMS REAL NICE GUY 1-800-530-9028 OR 810-653-2131 EXT.228

10gaugemag

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on April 01, 2015, 01:22:31 PM
I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE REAR SIGHT AND THE RAMP NEEDED TO BE TALLER. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS CALL STEVE CURTIS AT WILLIAMS REAL NICE GUY 1-800-530-9028 OR 810-653-2131 EXT.228
My ramp is tall enough right now with this particular set up. Slid up so the last mark is aligned. May call them anyway to get a taller one in case I swap loads/chokes in the future and things don't go as planned.