turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Aimpoint 9000sc on benelli

Started by Full strut, March 20, 2015, 12:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

Has anyone ever used a Aimpoint 9000sc on a sbe2 before? Trying to find something bigger than a ff3 but not too big like eotech where they sit up too high. Any info you got on them would be much appreciated

beagler

Never Misses

Full strut

Looks awesome! Anybody else have one or had one on any other brand shotgun before?

beagler

I have one on my Mossberg 835 as well.

Never Misses

deadbuck

I have one on my H&R 10 gauge single barrel. Just started using it this year and like it so far. It looked like it had orange glare so I added the screw on anti glare device and it killed all the glare, but you can see a little of the honeycomb design when looking through it.

deadbuck

Full strut

How much does the screw on honeycomb piece cost extra? That red lense would stick out like a sore thumb I would think.

deadbuck

$20 delivered to my door off ebay

Full strut

Not bad.  Think I have eliminated the eotech from my decision. Still having a hard time deciding wether to get a ff3 or 9000sc. Both will be pic rail mounted but I cant use a comb raise on my steady grip stock... Decision decisions!

CrustyRusty

I have both, love both.  I've had about every high end red dot on my Turkey guns and currently use the ff3. It's light, clear enough and now has a great warranty.  The downside to me is the lack of intensity adjustments. I know vortex has a new red dot similar to the ff3 that does have a lot of intensity adjustments and they are well known for standing behind their products.  Vortex also has a new red dot called the spitfire that looks promising as it has an etched reticle, but I can't tell if it can be mounted low to a receiver yet.

The 9000sc is a great optic but it does cause a bit of tunnel effect which I don't really care for for turkey hunting.  It also has a small dot which is good or bad depending on personal preference.

Good luck

outdoors

:icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
GOOD TO SEE SOME YOTS THAT LIKE THE 9000sc
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

beagler

Quote from: outdoors on March 24, 2015, 08:16:08 PM
             :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
GOOD TO SEE SOME YOTS THAT LIKE THE 9000sc
Thanks, I do quite abit of predator hunting as well. :fud: 
Never Misses

Full strut

Quote from: CrustyRusty on March 24, 2015, 02:09:34 PM
I have both, love both.  I've had about every high end red dot on my Turkey guns and currently use the ff3. It's light, clear enough and now has a great warranty.  The downside to me is the lack of intensity adjustments. I know vortex has a new red dot similar to the ff3 that does have a lot of intensity adjustments and they are well known for standing behind their products.  Vortex also has a new red dot called the spitfire that looks promising as it has an etched reticle, but I can't tell if it can be mounted low to a receiver yet.

The 9000sc is a great optic but it does cause a bit of tunnel effect which I don't really care for for turkey hunting.  It also has a small dot which is good or bad depending on personal preference.

Thanks for the honest answer crusty. I was afraid it would give me tunnel vision as well so thanks for clearing that up. Might as well stop fighting it and join the crowd. Must be a reason everyone shoots the FF3!

Good luck

CrustyRusty

Your welcome FS. Let us know how you like it.

mightyjoeyoung

I have the aimpoint comp cm2 m4 (4 mil dot)  LOVE IT.  Ridiculous battery life, clear as gin glass, recoil proof beyond .50 bmg and mounts pretty low.  I ran it a year but never actually hunted but maybe 3 times with it.  I opted for the ffII on the particular gun it was on instead simply to minimize weighr.  I MIGHT be able to be convincedto part with it for the right money.  Its virtually new with both batteries, flip up caps, original ring AND a set of burris 30 mm low tactical rings all in the original box.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.