turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anything else I should get?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 19, 2015, 09:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

What I have: Shotgun, shells, camo, decoys, blind, backpack, chair, mouth calls, slate call, owl call, gloves, facemask, hats, boots, leafy suit, knife.

I am planning to get some camo wrap for my shotgun and a fanny pack to hold essentials in stead of using my backpack.

Y'all know of anything else I might need before the season starts?

deerbasshunter3

TauntoHawk

Lots of time in the woods, both hunting and scouting.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cutt

Other than a little patience, all you need is a weapon, camo head to toe, and few calls.

DirtNap647

grayfox

ThermaCell, flashlight  & maybe some hand pruners to cut small branches & twigs.  Not must haves but they sure come in handy.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: grayfox on March 19, 2015, 09:37:13 PM
ThermaCell, flashlight  & maybe some hand pruners to cut small branches & twigs.  Not must haves but they sure come in handy.

I have all three. Forgot to mention them. Oh, and the toilet paper, check!

redjones

Bino's and the stuff you spray on your clothes to keep the ticks off.

Greg
Semper Fi

beagler

Never Misses

tomstopper

A good box call for windy mornings. I also like a good glass or glass ceramic call as well but those two are just my personal preferences..... :)

porcupine

I usually go with paper towels as their multi purpose :turkey2:
You need to bring your a game...I go a little extreme but you need to have the confidence gained by practice with your calls yorgun setting up your blind quietly also your chair make sure it doenst sqeeeek ,where your gear and shoot from your blind!you have to rule out all negative factors that are in your control...you get out of it what you put into it :OGturkeyhead:  o and a camera for the hero pics+ in your case access to a tape,scale,and paper to document your score :funnyturkey:

ShortSpurs

Some time along the way, ya might find time to take a young hunter along.

Gobble!

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 19, 2015, 09:22:22 PM

Yep not sure when your season starts but its time to get out there. I'm a month away and have been hard at it.
And practice using all those calls.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Gobble! on March 19, 2015, 09:57:25 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 19, 2015, 09:22:22 PM

Yep not sure when your season starts but its time to get out there. I'm a month away and have been hard at it.
And practice using all those calls.

A mentor of mine once told me, scout 2 days for every day you plan to hunt and you'll be twice as successful.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>