OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

IC choke problem???

Started by Ranger007, March 19, 2015, 06:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger007

Is this ok? Have 3 IC chokes and none fit like this. Tried it in 2 different A400's fits the same in both. Factory and Trulock go down all the way in the same guns.

allaboutshooting

The only way to really tell is to see if it seats on the internal shoulder in the counterbore. From this vantage point, it looks like it doesn't fit but you'll need to pull the barrel and take a look or use a tool to see if there's a gap between the internal shoulder and the skirt of the choke.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Ranger007

Looking down the barrel with a light and screwdriver I can't see much of a gap if any. Can hardly feel where the barrel stops and the choke starts with the screwdriver

Shellwaster

Silly question, how does this choke measure up to your other IC chokes? Could be a little longer overall or maybe shorter on the ported slots?

Ranger007

Only other IC I have here is a 20ga.

The A400 chokes, IC  and Trulocks I have look to be within mm of each other from bottom of treads to bottom of choke on the receiver side

taylorjones20

Strange, never seen one like that.  Doesn't look normal...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Gobble!

Never seen one with that much gap. Send this picture to Indian Creek bet you have a new choke by Tuesday.

Ranger007

Yeah they are great people. Problem is leaving Sunday for Texas.

It's been one  hell of a week for my turkey  guns.

Shot my usual trusty browning gold on Monday it was all over the board at 40. Usually 1 shot and good to hunt. After a few more shots and a hurting shoulder I found a crack in the end of my choke. Sent it back but won't be here in time.

So instead of getting another browning choke overnighted figured I would get a IC for one of my A400's and have a backup setup. Now it doesn't look good.

Looking like the M2 20 may get the starting position. Hadn't turkey hunted with it until now.

Gobble!

Did you just buy this? I'm willing to bet if you call first thing they will be willing to get you a choke Saturday.

Ranger007

Yes just got it in from fedex today. It was after 5 when I called today.   Going to try them and see what they think in the AM

Gobble!

I would send a email with the picture tonight so they have a reference when you call tomorrow. Maybe it is ok but I have never seen a choke with that much gap.

petemoss83

I just received my IC choke a week ago for my Moss 835 and it also has a small gap such as the one pictured. Mine is not nearly as pronounced as yours but there is a gap of about 1/16". I also was wondering if this is normal seeing how it seems to function fine.

turkey_slayer

Pretty big gap compared to mine.

cfrye11

I have two ic chokes oneach Remington one invector + and they both fit like turkey slayers picture. I think if they went farther they would lock up and you would never get them lose. Your is definitely not right. I bought one from them a few weeks ago with no rush and had it in two days. Worst comes to worse just go mm pick up what ever brand your local store has and call them in close

ThunderChickenGetter

My IC Choke also fits like turkey slayers in my 835. Not sure what's up with yours