turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is this normal?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 19, 2015, 03:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I got to be pretty good with my Primos Diamond Cutter. Well, now that I have my Legacy Lone Hen cut to the proper fit, I am getting pretty good with it. Problem is, now I am not too good with the Primos. Is this common among newbies switching from one call to another while still learning? Should I just stick with one call?

Byhalia

Stick with what works....different latexes are being used along with how it is stretched/cut. Stick to single or double reed calls.....no cuts in latex till you get the repetition and cadence down...then upgrade to calls with the different cuts in them.

:anim_25:   

Craig
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Marc

I am no pro with a mouth call for sure...  Sometimes it takes me a minute to figure out the air-flow or sweet-spot of a different call.

But my guess is that you funked up your Primos...  Reeds stuck together, reeds stretched out, etc...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gooserbat

IMHO a two reed corner notch like my Classic hen ( commonly called a boss hen cut) is a very good call for the novice caller.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.