OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Youth 870 with the Truglow gobbler stopper

Started by NFW, March 19, 2015, 02:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFW

I've had my old 20g for years and usually use my 12g but my sweet darling always want to tag along now so I figured I could put together a cheap little set up for her that won't kill her or my bank.

I was looking for a jelly head but lord know our bass pro is probably the worst in the country so they don't have a thing but best I could come up with before the weekend was the truglow package. Has sights and the gobbler stopper. That's the tightest I could find its a .565 was gonna try some magblends just cause LBXR isn't in a 20 or I can't find it.

Anyways just wondering if anybody uses this choke and what kinda shells it likes.

Thanks hopefully on such short notice

Britton40

I've got a JH 570 I'll sell you for $25 TYD.  Should work well for the magblends.

NFW

Just an update went and got some mag blends today and patterned em at 40 this gun will smoke a turkey at 40 all day. Really really supried with this choke. Not only does this throw a great pattern at 40 itll great as 20. Might have to put they 12g away and smack on with this gun. For all who are looking for a cheap set up this is it and highly recommend it, and for 20$ it's hard to beat.

surehuntsalot

that .565 is a good little choke for the 20ga
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 22, 2015, 01:46:49 PM

THIS^^^^^^  I have not seen good patterns with the JH.  If the 565 doesnt work I would try a Primos tightwad perhaps. For some reason it outshoots the JH in the 20 at least from what I've seen. 

surehuntsalot

Quote from: gophert on March 23, 2015, 12:27:26 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 22, 2015, 01:46:49 PM

THIS^^^^^^  I have not seen good patterns with the JH.  If the 565 doesnt work I would try a Primos tightwad perhaps. For some reason it outshoots the JH in the 20 at least from what I've seen.

the primos tightwad choke is a great choke for the 21" barrel so it seems, I have both the tightwad and the truglo GSX
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Britton40

I tried the undertaker 582 and the tightwad 570. My gun liked the tightwad. 870 youth 21" barrel. TSS 9.5s.