turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pics and video of my camo paint job

Started by catman529, March 17, 2015, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

This is a NEF pardner pump 12 gauge (rem 870 knock off) and I finally decided to quit dealing with rust and make it look more like something in the woods.  It turned out better than I expected, I hope the paint holds up well. This was my first attempt and I think the clear coat helped make the paint extra tough.

http://youtu.be/VDUxdeLPWNE

Sent from the talk of tap

turkey buster

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Phire Phite

Well done pardner.  Looks great.  If it doesn't hold up, you know how to do it now, and would only need it once a year worst case I would say.

jordanz7935

Good job on the video and that paint job turned out awesome! I think ill try that on my 20 ga im just worried on how well the paint will stick to a wood stock. I like the finished result it looks like a mix between bottomland and treebark. :icon_thumright:

cphill

Thats is one of the best rattle can paint job I ever seen

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Izzyjoe

Man, that looks slick! Heck it disappears again that tree!  Good job.

born2hunt

I really like that. It matches your pants. :icon_thumright:
I have painted several guns but never tried the sponge method. I see myself trying that soon.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

grayfox

STP22

tomstopper

K9Doc

Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Tom Foolery

catman529

Thanks y'all I appreciate it

catman529

Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 17, 2015, 06:04:02 PM
Good job on the video and that paint job turned out awesome! I think ill try that on my 20 ga im just worried on how well the paint will stick to a wood stock. I like the finished result it looks like a mix between bottomland and treebark. :icon_thumright:
thanks, I'd say the wood will be fine, just sand the finish and use at least one coat of primer. I'm not an expert though, I can only hope my paint will hold out for a while. It seems tough so far.