turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I might make it after all

Started by TauntoHawk, March 14, 2015, 06:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Well it's tough sitting up here in the north this time of year, there's still some piles of snow in my yard and turkey pictures are starting to pop up as the southern states seasons begin to open up.

Well the wait got a little easier today, all 4 fired up DVDs came in the mail along with a Frank Kruer short box.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WNY Bowhunter

Nice! I'm starting to see the birds come out of the woods now that some of the fields are melted off...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

tomstopper

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on March 14, 2015, 06:58:15 PM
Nice! I'm starting to see the birds come out of the woods now that some of the fields are melted off...
Same here. Can't wait til May...

Snoodsniper

Looks like you got some stuff to keep busy for a while. Been raining here and the snow is melting fast. It has been nice to be able to get around in the woods again without snowshoes.

Bowguy

I'm just starting to see birds too. Also still have lots of snow but it's leaving. Our time is coming bud

TauntoHawk

Yep, snow is melting and time to start scouting.

I usually watch the videos in my gym when I'm on the treadmill.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

zelmo1

:turkey2: I saw my flock of big boys up here in Maine for the first time yesterday. One bad thing, all longbeards. Sounds good but not one jake and only a few hens. Competition should be heated so hunting may be good. I just hope the numbers are up. This is only one flock, not the whole region, I hope

Dr Juice

I'm in NY and I'm suffering while waiting for our opener on May 1st.  :turkey2:

TauntoHawk

Gonna try and wake myself up to go scout and listen some on saturday. Don't know if I'll go to my known public spots or try some new ones.